Lesson #24 – YES
Thursday Night we’re going to talk about recycling—recycling our pain by allowing God’s fire and light to shine on it, to melt down our old hurts, habits, and hang-ups so they can be used again in a positive way. They can be recycled to show others how we worked the principles and steps with Jesus’ healing into the solution and how we have come through the darkness of our pain into Christ’s glorious freedom and light.
“If a Christian is overcome by some sin…humbly help him back onto the right path, remembering that the next time it might be one of you who is in the wrong. Share each other’s troubles and problems, and so obey our Lord’s command.” Galatians 6:1 – 2
Society tells us that pain is useless. In fact, people are coming to believe that people in pain are useless! At Celebrate Recovery, we know that pain has value, as do the people who experience it. So while the world says no, Thursday Night we say yes!
All service ranks the same with God. You can say “Y-E-S” to Principle 8 in many ways!
- Be an accountability partner. Find someone in your small group who agrees to encourage and support you as you work through the principles. You agree to do the same for that person. You hold one another accountable for working an honest program.
- Be a sponsor. Sponsors are people who have worked the steps. Their job is to guide newcomers on their journey through the steps, to give a gentle nudge when they are procrastinating or to slow them down when they are rushing through a step. Sponsors do so by sharing their personal journey on their road to recovery.
- Become a greeter. They welcome and provide directions for newcomers. They provide the newcomer with the important first impression of Celebrate Recovery!
- Help with the Cashier or Coffee House. You need to arrive to help set up. If you can’t get here early, stay a few minutes after to help clean up. You can bake a cake.
- Help set up the Small Group Rooms.
- Help with the Kitchen. We need help with set-up, clean-up, and everything in between.
- Invite someone to CR.
Principle 8: Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words.
Step 12: Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
“Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.” Galatians 6:1
Upcoming Important Dates:
-December 24th, 2015, there will be no CR meeting, so get connected with someone from your groups and please join us for Christmas Eve Service at South Tampa Fellowship. If you do need someone safe to talk to there will be CR Leaders in the Church Atrium standing underneath a Celebrate Recovery Sign.
-There is no Large Group on New Year’s Eve December 31st, 2015, but we are planning on having small groups and pizza. So we will see you at 6:30.
Regular Christmas Eve Services
Davis Island Services – 4 and *5:30 p.m.
Ballast Point Services – 3, 4:30, and *6 p.m.
* The Lord’s Supper will be served, and a benevolence offering will be taken. Child care will not be available for these services.
Needs in the Ministry:
The Landing: Please be praying for the need for a male leader within our Middle & High School Ministry.
Coffee House: We are looking for 4 people to help serve on the coffee house register on a rotation basis, so not every week from 8:30 to 9:00 pm. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to Melissa T. on Thursday nights.
Upcoming CR Social Events:
Chili Cook-off/Kick-off Party: January 14th we will be kicking off another year of Celebrate Recovery at STF with our 1st annual chili cook-off. Get together with your step study, small group or some friends and get cooking! We will have a couple guest judges that I know everyone will be excited to see!
** More details to come but please sign up at dinner, coffee house or email Kendall with your team name. **
Hillsong United Concert: Come enjoy a great night of praise worship with this amazing band!
When: Saturday February 13th at 7PM
Where: USF Sundome
Cost: $32 & $37 per ticket. We have a very limited number of tickets, so please don’t wait.
Feel free to bring children and friends that don’t attend CR.
Please email Kendall.email@example.com if you are interested or have any questions.
** Deadline to sign up for both events is January 7th. **
Men’s Step Study – open
Wednesday evenings @ 6:00 – 7:30 PM
Ballast Point Campus – Room A202
Co-Leaders: Sal & Ed
Ladies Step Study – coming in January
** For more information about open & upcoming Step Studies, click the “Contact Us” link above. **